Thursday, August 25, 2011

Painted Dream I9I

It still baffled me the fact that I managed to take you out for a date that day. You wouldn’t reckon it was a date but I did. Whatever happened to the world that gave me the strength to brave through my inferiority and fears, it was a day I wouldn’t let it skip my mind for a second.

I begged my friend to lend me his car. We were freakishly on the edge of a cliff because one of the assignments was due that very night. He, my friend, had completed his whilst I, on the contrary was struggling, strangled by the fact that I might put my assignment on a risky spot just to turn my dream of taking you out into a realization.

I need to make copies and print this shit or else I wouldn’t be able to finish this. I need your car to commute.

Yeah sure.

We the seniors were aiding some friends with their task so some of us were stuck at the hall where this thing took place. So it was an easy inquiry. Since my friend would definitely stay at the hall until it finished, which provided me with the opportunity to flee and entered a new world of quixotically  make believe with you. I set my head and aim straight. This assignment shit would need to be completed before 4 or I could kiss the date a bitter farewell. I was all over the place since we were needed to come up with a portfolio of our writings. Papers were piling up getting readied to be placed neatly inside the portfolio.

It was already 4 o’clock but I was nowhere near the finish line. You on the other hand, were starting to get a hint that I might be giving you false hopes.

I packed all my stuffs, put on my best shirt and raced to pick you up only to be disappointed by the fact that I hadn't a slightest inkling of the location of the hostel you were residing. On one hand, I had this abundance of work to be done but on the other, the dreadful feeling of wanting to meet you was so overwhelming and I knew if I didn’t proceed with the plan, we would never be like how we are today.

p.s. I am beyond glad I took that chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment